- 4 Slices of country bread
- 200 gr chicken livers
- 50 gr Anchovies (in salt)
- 50 gr capers
- 1 Red onion (or shallots)
- 1 Carrot
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Stick of celery
- 50 gr Butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1) Clean the livers and cut them to pieces. Put them in a pan and brown for a few moments with sage and butter.
2) Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes .
3) Meanwhile, in another pan, fry with some oil the onion, carrot and celery.
4) Add the tomatoes cut into 4 pieces, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes (add 1-2 spoons of hot water if necessary).
5) Mash the vegetables and the chicken livers in a masher with tomatoes (ripe, fresh or canned)
6) Cook for another 10 minutes adding two tablespoons of red wine.
7) Remove excess salt from the capers and finely chop the anchovies together (which have been previously cleaned and well drained).
8) Add the mixture made with chicken livers and spread on slices of country bread. Aggiungete il preparato realizzato con i fegatini di pollo e stendete l'impasto su fettine di pane casalingo.