+ 1 h
- 4 Thick slices of stale Tuscan (or country) bread
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- Fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper
1) Thinly cut the onion and put it to soak with water and a spoonful of vinegar for at least 2 hours.
2) Cut the bread into fairly thick slices, removing the crust. Sprinkle lightly with cold water and a tablespoon of vinegar to soften it without crumbling.
3) Divide it roughly with hands in a tureen.
4) Add the olive oil, the vinegar, the diced tomatoes (without seeds), the cucumber peeled and cut into small cubes, the basil cut by hand, the thinly sliced onions, salt and pepper.
5) Put the preparation in the fridge for one hour so that all flavors can gently blend together. The panzanella is then ready. Add extra-virgin olive oil and vinegar if necessary.