- 1.200 a 1.500 gr T-bone steak
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
The Florentine steak is prepared with a T-bone steak, with both filet and sirloin, and is about two or three fingers thick. It should be cooked over a brisk heat, which makes the meat soft inside but colourful outside; In addition, the real Florentine steak should be grilled on charcoal.|
- Do not add salt to raw meat long prior cooking: it would loose blood.
- Don't put the meat over the fire until it has reached room temperature (so remove it from refrigerator at least 2 hours before).
- Use only charcoal grill and barbecue! (the result will be better than a griddle or electric grid).
- Turn the meat only once.
1) Heat well the grill with enough charcoal; the fire must be vivid, but without flame.
2) Put the meat on fire without seasoning. Cook for about 5/8 minutes per side until the crust is fairly brown and roasted.
3) Remove from heat and dip the meat on both sides in a plate in which you have poured extra-virgin olive oil generously seasoned with salt and pepper. Bring to table and serve.
|lettuce, potatoes, beans with a dash of olive oil.|