- Shortcrust pastry
- 200 gr Fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp Starch
- 2 Egg whites and 3 egg yolks
- 100 gr Sugar
- 50 gr Icing sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Cream
1) With the help of a fork mix the ricotta with the sugar and the cream until it gets homogenous.
2) Add slowly (while continuously stiring) the ingredients in the order in which they appear: egg yolks, lemon juice, zest and starch.
3) Meanwhile mount to snow the egg whites with 50 gr of icing sugar and gradually mix in the ricotta preparation.
4) Grease and flour a baking sheet (ca. 12 inches). Spread the pastry and prick it with a fork.
5) Pour the mixture of ricotta cheese on the pastry and cook for half an hour in the oven at medium heat (Attention: the surface should not get brown).
6) Serve the cake when it is well cooled. Sprinkle generously with icing sugar.